Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Leading up to Kael's First Birthday


Kael grew very quickly over that year. I made some mistakes with him because he was my first. I ran to every need as quickly as he would cry. I would rock him to sleep every night in the rocking chair. I would have to hold him a certain way just to get him to fall asleep and the biggest mistake of all was...... letting him sleep with me every night. He would wake up every night 3-4 times wanting to nurse. He did this until he was 9 months old.

The night he started sleeping through the night was great. I finally saw some hope of getting a full night's rest. He then started sleeping through the night until about 8 a.m. He still was sleeping with us but I, at least, got a full night's rest.

I started coaching
In October of 2007 I got a coaching job at a Christian Junior High School. I went back and forth with myself wondering if it was a good idea to take the position because I had never left Kael more than a few hours every 2-3 months. I decided I would take the position because it would be good for Kael to be away from me for a few hours a day and he could be around other children.

I started taking him over to a good friends house, Valerie, until Walter or I could come get him. At first it was very difficult to drop him off and watch him cry as I leave but, Valerie was very good with entertaining him and giving him snacks. After a few weeks he started to get used to me dropping him off. I think he was having a good time over there. At least he was getting out of the house and playing with Valerie's kids.

Getting pregnant, again
In December I noticed my apatite was changing. I started craving certain foods and did not feel so good. I went out and got a pregnancy test and turns out I was pregnant. Walter was happy and so was my family. I only had 3 months left of coaching so it did not interrupt anything. That season we ended up going undefeated and winning the Championship's.

In January of 2008 we celebrated my 3 year old nieces birthday with Kael's, since they are only 2 days apart. That was the first time that Kael ate cake, as it is most 1 year old's first time.

We had quite a few people show up for their birthdays. All of our friends and family came and of course Kael could not understand why all these people were here, giving him presents, eating sweets, and why he did not get a nap that day. It was an exciting day for little Kael, oh, and Raelynn.


1 comment:

Timmy said...

Your baby's names are sweet!!
:]

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster