Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Dinner

That day I was so nervous. I kept asking my friend Darla if my hair looked okay, since he wanted me to wear it down. I was to meet at his house around 6:30 p.m. I knocked on his door and I could hear him running down the stairs to let me in. Once I walked in he quickly ran up stairs telling me to look in the closet and to pick one. I opened the closet door and there hung two dresses. Yes, my size. He yelled down stairs to try them on but I insisted that I didn't have the right shoes and I didn't have any pantyhose. "I got some shoes for you and here is a pair of pantyhose", he said. I couldn't believe it. It was like a dream. I was in a dream. I couldn't stop smiling.

I tried the first dress on and I loved it. It was purple and the shoes were black. When I came out of the bathroom I felt so awkward because no one had ever done that for me. I actually have never heard of someone buying a dress, shoes, and pantyhose on the first date. You would thinks someone would not want to invest that much time, energy, and money for the first date.

We got in his car and he had beautiful christian piano music playing. It was so calming and made me feel comfortable. I still couldn't believe I was going on a date with Walter and surely couldn't believe he would buy me all these things for the date.

We ended up going to Bravo where he was employed part-time. We talked about everything at dinner. I think I smiled during the whole date or that is what it seemed like. After the date we went back to his house and watched the movie Forever Young. This was his favorite romance movie.

I think this was the best date I had ever been on and it was because of who I was with not what was done for me. That made a lasting impression on me.

No comments:

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster