Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New Year's Eve 2005

I met my husband, Walter, years before I married him but the attraction didn't come until New Years Eve 2005. On New Years Eve I went to friends wedding. At the wedding I caught the bouquet of flowers when the bride threw them. (You know what that means). I had already planned on heading over to Walter's house where my sister, her husband, and their daughter were going to be. We have met at Walter's house before for New Years so it was kind of becoming a New Years tradition. Walter and Michelle were friends through her husband Jason Buker, but we call him Buker. Jason and Walter had known each other through the years and talked to each other quite often.

When I got to Walter's house Michelle answered the door and I automatically went into the story of me catching the bouquet of flowers. I was all excited and didn't even make it into the living room where every body was sitting. They all were listening to my story, even Walter. Something was different that day because that was the day that Walter "noticed" me. I had just go out of a relationship and so did he. We both were on the market. That night we all talked and played games and I noticed a little bit of flirting from Walter. Let me explain the type of person Walter is to you and then you will understand why this was such a Blessing to me.

Walter has been described as some one who loves and fears the Lord. Never in all my years meeting different people have I met someone who reads and lives the Bible more than Walter. I was told by my mother when I was growing up to "marry a Christian" and until I met Walter did I meet the actual Christian I was supposed to marry. You can be in a relationship with a Christian but still be on the opposite ends of what that is for you. Walter is honest, loyal, and a positive person and when I first met him I thought what a great husband he will be for someone. I never thought Walter and I would be together. I just thought we were in different phases of our life and I thought he wanted some thing different. It is hard to put into words but Walter is a type of person that you don't have to speak him up to other people because his character speaks for himself when you meet him. Walter also loves sports just as much as I do. He loves it so much that he referees sports such as wrestling, high school football, college football, volleyball, and even is working for the NFL the past two years. He has been working as a manager for different companies for the last few years. He is also very computer savvy which is why I am blogging right now. So, in a nut shell -He's a busy man!!!!!

I never thought for a minute that Walter would be flirting with me but when I left his house we began texting each other and used our common interest to talk to each other which was sports. We texted over the next few days and one day while I was working out I got a text that asked if I wanted to go out to dinner. I could not believe it. I was so excited but nervous. He asked two things of me and they were to wear a long black coat and wear my hair down. I accepted.

No comments:

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster