Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My life before marriage


I first want to tell you a little bit about my life and who I was before marriage. I was a fun, energetic, athletic, ball of energy. I had a twin sister who was a mirror image of me and we followed in each others foot steps except when we decided to go to different colleges to play basketball. Michelle (twin sister) went to Cedarville University in Springfield, Ohio and I went to Urbana University in Urbana, Ohio. These colleges were 30 miles or so from each other and for the first time we were separated. Our colleges shared the same conference so we played each other many times. We both were extremely competitive so these games were very intense. Michelle and I majored in the same area of study and both of us became personal trainers. We took training to a whole new level. We trained many different types of people from doctors to house wives. All had the same goal; to gain better health and look great. Michelle then graduated and ended up married and with a daughter all with-in the same year. She moved to a suburb in Cincinnati with her husband and began training again at Life Style Fitness.

I started training at a private exercise studio in Springfield, Ohio and taught Spinning there for 2 years. (We will get into what Spinning is later). I trained 40-45 hours a week. If you do not know that is a full schedule when it comes to training. I usually never had any energy left to do my own work-outs. The life as a trainer started early in the morning. My alarm would go off around 4:30 a.m. I would get to the gym by 5:15 a.m. and start training my first client who was a doctor. I would have a short lunch and was back at it until about 7:30 p.m. I taught spinning through out the day and some times I would teach 2 classes a day. By the end of the day I was soo tired that I had little energy for family and friends let alone a social life. The only day I had off was Sunday's and I even got up early to go to church. If anyone knows that life style you know how difficult it is to keep that kind of schedule all year around. I made many friends there and many clients were devoted to better life styles. I left Springfield in November of 2005 and that is when my life changed for the better.





No comments:

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster